[obol] Winner of September OBA Contest, and Start of the October Photo Contest !

  • From: Zia Fukuda <zialeefukuda@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 10:00:26 -0700

A big congratulations to Matt Lee and his winning shot of a Black Phoebe
having lunch at the E.E Wilson Wildlife area! His winnig photo can be
viewed on the OBA home page at: http://www.orbirds.org/
I encourage everyone to check it out!

It's also time to announce the beginning of the October photo contest.
Although I'm a day late in announcing, I've already received some AMAZING
photos! You guys are really upping your game when it comes to photographing
Oregon birds, and I am pretty thrilled that I am able to see so many
wonderful photos.

With all that said, here is the run-down of contest rules:

Contest Rules

- Contest submissions must be of wild birds only and while minor editing
to crop or adjust lighting are acceptable, photographs with major
modifications to the subject or background, or photo montages, will be
rejected by the contest moderator, whose decision is final.
- You do not need to be an OBA member to submit a photo in the contest.
- You do not need to be an OBA member to vote in the contest.
- Submission period for photos will be the first two weeks of every
month. Submitted photos will then be posted here for people to vote on.
- Once the voting is completed, the winning photo will be displayed as
our website home-page image for the following month.
- Photographers may only submit one photo per contest (monthly).
- Voters may only vote for one photo per contest (monthly).
- Photo must have been taken in Oregon and within the current month or
two months prior. For example, only photos from March, April, and May will
be accepted for May's contest.
- Please include the species name, location, date the photo was taken,
and your name and email address.

Submission period is the first two weeks of every month.

Submissions can be sent directly to me at zialeefukuda@xxxxxxxxx, or
through the OBA link:
http://www.orbirds.org/photocontestrules.html
(But you will be directed to my e-mail, regardless, for submitting.)

I am really looking forward to seeing what this month brings, and can't
wait to see some more of your amazing photos! Keep up the fantastic work!!!

Cheers,
Zia Fukuda
*May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the
most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds.-EA*