[obol] Where Oregon stands in the eBird rankings

  • From: David Irons <llsdirons@xxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 14:50:19 -0800

While doing bit of eBird surfing I looked at where Oregon ranks in terms the
numbers of checklists submitted and the total number species reported.
All-time, Oregon eBirders have reported 519 species, which ranks 6th out of the
50 states. With just shy of a half million checklists submitted we rank 15th,
not bad given that we are the 27th most populated state. For just 2015, we rank
7th in terms of reported species (400) and 8th in number of checklists
submitted (89855). Given that about one-fifth of our all-time checklists have
come from the current year, I think we will likely move into or near the top
ten in the coming years.

Fun stuff for an otherwise wet and dreary day here in Portland.

Dave Irons
Portland, OR

Sent from my iPhone