[obol] Summer Lake birds

  • From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2014 18:00:13 -0700

I spent an hour on the Summer Lake loop road today en route from Eugene to
Lakeview.  Nothing rare, but I was intrigued to see 8 Franklin's Gulls
hanging around the gull and tern colony island.  Is that now a regular
breeder at Summer Lake?  I am pretty sure it wasn't the last time I was here
in summer, but that was maybe seven or eight years ago. I also had a nice
look at a Snowy Plover, always fun.

I may bird Goose Lake State Park later this evening or very early Monday,
then heading to Fields via Adel and Denio.

--
Alan Contreras

acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx

Eugene, Oregon