[obol] Re: Streaked Horned Lark late notice!

  • From: David Irons <llsdirons@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rich adney <rfadney@xxxxxxxxxxx>, OBOL Oregon Birders Online <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Mid Valley Bird List <birding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 15:32:44 +0000

Rich,

It may simply not be on the default list for Linn County (subspecies generally
aren't). You can change your settings by clicking on the "show subspecies" box
(not turned on automatically). There is concern about over-reporting or
mis-reporting of subspecies, as some users may not be familiar with them or be
able to properly identify them.

Dave Irons

From: rfadney@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; birding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [obol] Streaked Horned Lark late notice!
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 06:31:51 -0700

On 6/6/2014 at 5:20 pm, my wife and I found a Streaked Horned Lark on Tub Run
Rd. (in the Zig-Zag) in Linn county.  It posed for several pictures only a
couple of which came out decent.  We watched it for about 10 minutes before
letting it go about it's business.  It didn't seem  to have a care in the world!
Can anyone tell me why this bird is not listed in Ebird?  Ebird would not let
me log my finding.

Rich Adney

http://avianpics.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adneyvisualarts/