[obol] Re: Storm birding in Lincoln County

  • From: "Phil Pickering" <philliplc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2015 14:22:21 -0700

I just looked off Spanish Head 1:45. Saw a line of
Gulls mostly Cal & Heermann's trying to fly south and
getting knocked down. I did not notice any tubenoses
but rain was picking up and visibility beyond the beach was only 1/2 mile. Saw flock of 30 southbound
Green-winged Teal, not much else.

Earlier today there were about 600 gulls parked
at the D River, mostly large-end Cal, but including
80 or so Herring with at least 50 of those juvenile.
Only a few Thayer's.

Phil