[obol] South Jetty Columbia River, no Shearwaters, some dowitchers

  • From: SJJag@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 01:55:07 +0000 (UTC)

Linda and I visited the S.Jetty around 1:30 found no birds on the water or
flying about save a gull or two. The ocean was spectacular in residual storm
tossed waves.

We looked again at the Astoria Airport mitigation pond and a new to us, thanks
Mike Patterson, a pond just to the east of the south end of Young's bay bridge
for Sharp-tailed sandpipers or other shore birds during a very high tide.

The 'other" pond had 56 dowitchers and three Yellow legs, nothing else.
The mitigation pond had only a few ducks and a Red Shouldered Hawk.

As Mike P. mentioned in an earlier post we had a Tropical Kingbird on Hwy. 101
at the Circle Creek campground, just south of Seaside.

Steve Jaggers
Linda Neumann