[obol] No Black-vented Shearwaters or tropicbirds in mid-Willamette Valley today

  • From: Joel Geier <joel.geier@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oregon Birders OnLine <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2015 20:45:32 -0700

Just in case anyone was wondering .... we're just enjoying the regular
birds for the season in the mid-Willamette Valley region
(Polk/Benton/Marion/Linn).

Even eBird is only churning up recurring reports of kites from the
Finley prairie overlook,as expected for the season. A few oddball
reports without details, but nothing quite as fun as the dubious 75
Piping Plovers that turned up electronically in Clatsop Co.

After attending a public meeting on earthquake preparedness, I'll admit
to some trepidation as to what will happen when Oregon birders with
their various 1- and 2-ton gas-powered vehicles suddenly leave the south
coast, and thereby reduce the weight on the continental slab that's
helping to keep the Juan de Fuca plate from lurching eastward.

Happy birding,
Joel

--
Joel Geier