[obol] Sidebar on Anna's Hummingbirds

  • From: Joel Geier <joel.geier@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oregon Birders OnLine <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 20:14:30 -0800

Hi again all,

After mashing potatoes I looked at the data from the Oakridge CBC. From
1972 through 1985, the median count of Anna's Hummingbirds was 2, and in
three of those years 4 or more were found, with a high count of 12 in
1984.

In the "modern era" of this count (past 5 years), our peak count has
been just two birds, and the median is one.

So although there seems to be a general increase in western Oregon, it's
not monotonic in all parts of the range.

Good birding,
Joel

--
Joel Geier