[obol] Re: Recent Boardman Black-necked Stilt

  • From: Charles Gates <cgates326@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 12:28:11 -0800

Looking at Central Oregon records (mostly south and a little west of Umatilla), Black-necked Stilt disappears from our area by mid-September. I see no records past September 18.

On 11/26/2015 9:36 AM, avitours (Redacted sender avitours for DMARC) wrote:

Birders -

Seems extremely late. I did a little poking around on eBird. Running a search for all years in Oregon from Nov - Feb, I found a single record from the Klamath Basin, just over the border in CA on Feb, 15th 2003. Narrowing my search from Oct-Nov produced numerous records averaging around the first and the second week in October. The late date in Oregon is the 22nd of October from Cold Springs NWA, in Umatilla County. My latest record from Union County is September 22nd. Now with that said, this is just entered eBird data. There may be other later records, but I can't think of any later than Pete's recent Boardman sighting.
Getting ready for Black Friday at work, before eating to much. May go look for Redpolls if the day allows.

Happy Thanksgiving,

- Trent
La Grande, OR

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S® 5 ACTIVE™, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

--
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for
sure that just ain't so.

Chuck Gates
541-280-4957
Powell Butte,