[obol] RFI: Newport Jetty & Seal Rock

  • From: "John Clem" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "johndavidclem@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: Oregon Birders OnLine <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 10:59:00 -0700

Hello Oregon birders -

I'll be visiting Oregon for a few days at the end of August, primarily for the
privilege of watching my South Dakota Coyote football team get humiliated by
the Ducks.  Being an avid birder, there are many places in your state that I
plan to visit.  Two coastal places I will be visiting are the Newport jetty and
Seal Rock.  I'm especially hoping to get a good photo of a black oystercatcher,
but will take any other shorebirds that may be present.

My question concerns timing regarding the tides.  My understanding is that Seal
Rock would be best for shorebirds at a low tide - is that correct?  What would
be the best time regarding tides at the Newport jetty?

Any and all input will be gratefully accepted!

John Clem
Freeman, South Dakota