[obol] RFI: Lack of Purple Martins?

  • From: John Thomas <johnpam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOLINKS <OBOL@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 15:46:38 -0700

Several birders at Ankeny NWR today. Best bird for me was Yellow-breasted Chat
at Rail Trail. One of our leaders has full list and will put up on eBird.
That's the"bird report" and thanks to Tim and Barbara for noticing the
chattering chat right away.

Some of us were commenting that we are not finding Purple Martins (PUMA) in
common places like the bay from Newport up past Sally's Bend to Toledo. Also, I
noticed a lack of PUMA at Julia Butler Hansen NWR in Washington while going to
Long Beach a few weeks ago. Is this just a fluke or ?
I see some reports of them on OBOL...

John Thomas
Silverton-Mt Angel area