[obol] Re: Question on emperor goose on Sauvie Island

  • From: Bob <rflores_2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Hannah Fritz <hannah.fritz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 04:10:02 +0000

Ok close enough to Sauvie Is. for me? . I am more interested in association
than location the map shows it being across the river from Ridgefield NWR.
That is Clark Co. and that raises my interest. Thanks for responding the info
I obtained will give me a clue on where to look here in Clark Co. just in case.

Bob Flores
Ridgefield, WA

On Nov 18, 2015, at 19:35, Hannah Fritz
<hannah.fritz@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:hannah.fritz@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

You mean Aaron Beerman's eBird report? That's Scappoose Bottoms, not Sauvie
Island. Scappoose Bottoms is separated from Sauvie Island by a thin channel of
water, but it's totally separate. The only other Sauvie Island reports I show
are of course older sightings of different Emperor Geese.

Hannah

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 7:25 PM, Bob
<rflores_2@xxxxxxx<mailto:rflores_2@xxxxxxx>> wrote:
Hanna,
I saw the posting on ebird and used the mapping tool. It showed a location on
Sauvie Island?

Bob Flores
Ridgefield, WA

On Nov 18, 2015, at 19:12, Hannah Fritz
<hannah.fritz@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:hannah.fritz@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Has it actually been seen on Sauvie Island? The only confirmed sightings I know
of were in Warren, OR and then in Scappoose Bottoms. I know I speculated it was
probably going there to roost, and many of the geese I see coming and going in
this area seem to come or go from there.

As far as I know, it has only been seen with Canada/Cackling mixed flocks. I
was there this evening and I guess managed to miss it by maybe 15-20 minutes,
but the flock it had recently took its leave from was a mix of Canada/Cacklers.

Hannah
St. Helens, OR

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 6:53 PM, Bob
<rflores_2@xxxxxxx<mailto:rflores_2@xxxxxxx>> wrote:
Does anyone know what species of geese the emperor is hanging out with?

Thanks

Bob Flores
Ridgefield, WA

OBOL archives: