[obol] Re: Question on emperor goose on Sauvie Island

  • From: Bob <rflores_2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Hannah Fritz <hannah.fritz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 03:25:44 +0000

Hanna,
I saw the posting on ebird and used the mapping tool. It showed a location on
Sauvie Island?

Bob Flores
Ridgefield, WA

On Nov 18, 2015, at 19:12, Hannah Fritz
<hannah.fritz@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:hannah.fritz@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Has it actually been seen on Sauvie Island? The only confirmed sightings I know
of were in Warren, OR and then in Scappoose Bottoms. I know I speculated it was
probably going there to roost, and many of the geese I see coming and going in
this area seem to come or go from there.

As far as I know, it has only been seen with Canada/Cackling mixed flocks. I
was there this evening and I guess managed to miss it by maybe 15-20 minutes,
but the flock it had recently took its leave from was a mix of Canada/Cacklers.

Hannah
St. Helens, OR

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 6:53 PM, Bob
<rflores_2@xxxxxxx<mailto:rflores_2@xxxxxxx>> wrote:
Does anyone know what species of geese the emperor is hanging out with?

Thanks

Bob Flores
Ridgefield, WA

OBOL archives: