[obol] Possible Indigo Bunting, Pittock Mansion

  • From: Wink Gross <winkg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 17:22:52 -0700

Oh, OK, in the spirit of over-reporting...

This morning at the Pittock Mansion I saw a uniformly dark brown bird with a
slightly lighter, very faintly streaked breast.  No wing bars.  Appeared to
have a finch/bunting bill.  About the size of the House Finches nearby.

The bird was foraging in the blackberries below the big European White Birch
(aka the "Parula Betula") at the east end of the Mansion lawn.   I lost it in
the weeds before I could get a definitive look.

For what it's worth...

Wink Gross
Tierra del Mar (currently)

Sent from my iPad