[obol] Re: Possible Gyrfalcon - Tillamook Wetlands

  • From: Bob Archer <rabican1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jack Williamson <jack.williamson.jr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2015 20:13:02 -0800

There was a gyr spotted out at Cape Meares and I saw what i thought was one
out on the BayOcean Spit last weekend. It is a very light sandy gray.
Mine was far away and hoovering in mid-air in very strong wind . It was
hard for me to see for sure since it was a side view of a blob tucked small
in the wind, but it is a beauty. I did not put in ebird since I was not
100% sure. Anyway, it seems to be making the rounds of the area. I have
a lousy photo I'll post at the end of my blog about today's pelagic trip,
great day.

Bob Archer

On Sat, Nov 21, 2015 at 6:51 PM, Jack Williamson <
jack.williamson.jr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

All,

My apologies for this late post many hours after the fact from the comfort
of home.

I am quite excited - which is not a reliable indicator of my accuracy of
bird identification - if you didn't already know that about me.

After my flaming failure of misidentifying a goose earlier in my day, I
was reluctant to place another iphone-post of a "good bird" that I located
approximately two-thirds of my walk around the Tillamook Wetland trail.

At this point in time, I just wanted to get the word out because I am
tired and I am sure won't finish my blog personal post on the topic this
evening.

I believe the photos of the bird are diagnostically-adequate to confirm
the ID

Jack Williamson
West Linn, Oregon