[obol] PHOTOS: Wilson River Loop swans

  • From: Mike Patterson <celata@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'OBOL' <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, swalalahos <swalalahos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 16:19:40 -0800

I too was in Tillamook Co. today using up some time before an
afternoon meeting in a failed attempt to see a Snowy Owl.

I was able to find a field full of raptors, however, and ridiculous
numbers of COMMON EGRETS.

My raptor count, standing in one spot on the Wilson River Loop was:
29 Red-tailed Hawks (including one presumed Harlan's type)
3 Rough-legged Hawks
1 Bald Eagle
2 Northern Harriers
2 American Kestrels

I also saw a WHITE-TAILED KITE in the fields west of Fred Meyer,
a PEREGRINE along Bay Ocean and a RED-SHOULDERED HAWK at Bay City.

Also along Wilson River Loop I noted two TRUMPETER SWANS which I
see others independently found.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mbalame/22765831237

All in all a decent day of birding minus all those distracting
rarities others have been finding...

--
Mike Patterson
Astoria, OR