[obol] Re: OBOL -- years from now

  • From: "Tom Crabtree" <tc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <joel.geier@xxxxxxxx>, "'Oregon Birders OnLine'" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 14:19:48 -0800

I'm not sure the claim is that "illiterate people raised this complaint."  I do
know, however, that among peoples with great oral storytelling traditions, such
as native americans, there was for a long time, well into the 20th century, a
great reluctance to turn their oral histories into a written one.  I believe
that reluctance is dying down now given the fear that the traditions will be
lost otherwise.

Tom Crabtree, Bend