[obol] Re: Mystery Peep

  • From: David Irons <llsdirons@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "matthewghunter@xxxxxxxxx" <matthewghunter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 23:44:43 -0700

I have to agree with Matt Hunter. I'm not seeing this bird as particularly
light-colored or short-billed. As he notes, the shorter billed bird in his
photo has started to replace scapulars, which indicates that it has commenced
its preformative molt. This weekend I photographed both juv. Western Sandpipers
and juv. Short-billed Dowitchers that had already replaced a few scapulars.

Dave Irons
www.birdfellow.com

Sent from my iPhone