[obol] Mystery Peep

  • From: Rhett Wilkins <rhettwilkins@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 16:09:54 -0700

While I feel I should be experienced enough to know this stuff, the peeps
have done it to me again.  I just returned from Broughton Beach in Portland
where I photographed several Leasts and Westerns, but there's one bird that
I'm desperately trying to turn into a long-billed Semipalmated Sandpiper.
My hunch is that it is a light-colored, short-billed male Western
Sandpiper, but my head is spinning after scrutinizing the birds both in
person and by photos.

I NEED SERIOUS HELP!  Please let me know what you think of my "Mystery
Peep".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/boundtobird/

Thanks!

Rhett