[obol] McMinnville Short-eared Owl

  • From: "Paul Sullivan" <paultsullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <birding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 17:17:21 -0800

At 4:40 PM I drove out to Airport Rd here in McMinnville. I backed into
the driveway for Dayton well #3 toward the south end of the glider runway
and watched the airport with my binoculars in the fading light.

At 4:49 a SHORT-EARED OWL flew into view, flying right to left, north to
south, along the glider runway, between the runway and Airport Rd. It flew
past me and I lost it awhile, but I found it again, coming across the road
from the east to again hunt near the runway.

This is my second Short-eared Owl at dusk in so many days in two counties.
For the right price I'll come look in your area. ;-) Actually, I'm heading
toward Tillamook county.

Good birding, everyone,

Paul Sullivan