[obol] Long-billed Curlew near the Duckflat Rd site, Marion Co

  • From: GLEN LINDEMAN <gdalindy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2014 14:34:43 -0700

At about 1 pm today (Sunday) I found a Long-billed Curlew
 near the Duckflat Rd site where all the good stuff was found recently.
 There's a pond east of a small red barn on the south side of Hunsaker
Rd, east of Duckflat Rd, before Hunsaker makes a small turn to the south.  The
Curlew was in the grass on the far side of the pond.  He was out in the open
 when I first saw him, but had moved back further in to the grass, with
only his head and neck visible, by the time I left at about 1:45.

If
 you go, be aware that there isn't any good place to park near the spot
where the bird was seen.  A couple hundred yards west there are a couple
 places where maybe 2 or 3 cars could get off the road.  To the west
there is no pullout until you turn the corner...

- Glen Lindeman, Salem  ^'^