[obol] Lane County higher elevations report

  • From: Linda Gilbert <oregonjunco@xxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 19:29:07 -0700

I checked a few sites along the McKenzie Pass Highway on my way to and from the
Green Ridge Raptor Count. There was a ROCK WREN in the boulder field near the
start of the Proxy Falls Trail on 10/3. This is at around 3000 feet elevation.
At Linton Lake, around 3500 feet, on 10/5 there was a WESTERN MEADOWLARK on the
dry mudflats surrounding the lake. An AMERICAN DIPPER was playing around in the
lake shallows. A BLACK-BACKED WOODPECKER was along the trail between Scott and
Hand Lakes on 10/3. At the small lake near the Craig Monument near McKenzie
Pass on 10/5 were 10 TOWNSEND'S SOLITAIRES. VARIED THRUSHES were abundant along
the road and there were lots of YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLERS most places as well.
Normal fall movements for the most part I expect.Linda GilbertEugene