[obol] JoCo - grackle, Flam

  • From: Russ Namitz <namitzr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL Freelist <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 13:29:59 -0700

Last night found me up on King Mountain again and I detected a FLAMMULATED OWL
on Baker Creek Rd here  42.666641, -123.226715
This morning there was a female PURPLE MARTIN flying over Schroeder County Park
in Grants Pass.  Nearby, at Copeland Ponds, there was a WESTERN GREBE.
On Lake Selmac, there were 2 BONAPARTE'S GULLS, 1 RING-BILLED GULL and a
NORTHERN PINTAIL.
The best bird species of the day, however, was a pair of GREAT-TAILED GRACKLES
at the Cave Junction sewage ponds.  "They're down here, just nobody can find
them."  ~HN
Good birding,Russ NamitzMedford