[obol] Re: ID Assistance needed - Townsend's Solitaire?

  • From: Jeff Gilligan <jeffgilligan10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tc@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 May 2013 13:38:37 -1000

On May 2, 2013, at 1:23 PM, Tom Crabtree <tc@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Congrats, Dawn, that is definitely a Townsend’s Solitaire.  Not sure what he
> is doing at Pixieland, but a good find for Marion County.
>
> Tom Crabtree, Bend

Late late March through early May is a surprisingly good time for Townsend's
Solitaries on the coast.  If one looks at holly trees that still have berries
there is a good a fair chance of seeing one.  I have seen up to three in a day
on the Long Beach Peninsula during the above mentioned time frame.   Jeff
Gilligan (from far at sea).