[obol] Re: Coos Black Tern, Sandhill Cranes, etc. 5/5/2013

  • From: "HARVEY W SCHUBOTHE " <ninerharv2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Tim Rodenkirk " <garbledmodwit@xxxxxxxxx>, "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx " <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 May 2013 23:57:38 +0000

We had the weather phenomenon Tim reported on doewn here at Bradley Lake in
Bandon. By eleven I checked the temperature after the dogless walk and it was
81.2. Went in to put the work clothes on, stepped out again, what gives! At
11:29 it dropped to 59.1 and the wind had shifted by to the west, northwest.

Unfortunately, the penalty I had to pay for going up to the Lincoln NAMC next
week was yardwork this weekend. So I did not get to scope out the area.

Tim has had Sandhills in Coos three times. I had a flyover once. A pair calling
away and flying low enough to provide a stunning look that I have only seen
better at Sauvies Island. Again, unfortunately, Tim's foursome appeared to have
no interest in watching my lawnmowing, weed wacking and dock maintenance. Only
our local pileated woodpecker, osprey and spotted sandpiper pair showed
interest.

Harv Schubothe
Bandon
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T