[obol] Re: Hood River County : TUFTED DUCK

  • From: Lars Per Norgren <larspernorgren@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 17:04:47 -0800

A short tuft would not be surprising in November. They are just coming out of
eclipse potentially. I've seen scaup in March that hadn't acheived full
breeding plumage. Lars
On Nov 22, 2015, at 4:59 PM, avitours (Redacted sender "avitours" for DMARC)
wrote:

Birders -

This evevning (11/22), Patrick Knight and I relocated the previously reported
male TUFTED DUCK at The Hook, in Hood River. At close range, all field marks
pointed to a pure TUFTED, but it's tuft was shorter than I have seen before
on other males. A full bird list may be viewed here:

Good birding,

-Trent Bray
La Grande, OR

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S® 5 ACTIVE™, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone