[obol] Re: Hood River County : TUFTED DUCK

  • From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 17:05:20 -0800

They molt the tuft in late fall so a short tuft is probably just growing back
in.

Alan Contreras
Eugene, Oregon

acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 22, 2015, at 4:59 PM, avitours (Redacted sender "avitours" for DMARC)
<dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Birders -

This evevning (11/22), Patrick Knight and I relocated the previously reported
male TUFTED DUCK at The Hook, in Hood River. At close range, all field marks
pointed to a pure TUFTED, but it's tuft was shorter than I have seen before
on other males. A full bird list may be viewed here:

Good birding,

-Trent Bray
La Grande, OR

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S® 5 ACTIVE™, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone