[obol] Fwd: Request ID assistance - Gyrfalcon, or Peregrine

  • From: "Robert O'Brien" <baro@xxxxxxx>
  • To: obol <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 17:19:00 -0800

Nice photos for so distant. I'd say it was Peale's race of the peregrine
from northern, coastal Alaska,
although the very gray back seems unusual. Falconers do hyrbidize the two
I believe.
Bob OBrien

On Sun, Nov 22, 2015 at 2:20 PM, Jack Williamson <
jack.williamson.jr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I liked the stocky body on this bird for Gyr.

But you will see in the third photograph which I just turned up the
exposure on, the underside of the flight feathers and dark mustache make me
think it might be a Peregrine.

I do not have any shots of the underside of the tail.

Click Slideshow for full-screen http://www.jack-n-jill.net/p480158225

Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

Jack Williamson
West Linn, Oregon