[obol] Hayden Island White-winged Scoter, other Portland birds

  • From: Andy Frank <andydfrank@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 15:14:35 -0800

This morning there was one female WHITE-WINGED SCOTER near 94 Western
Grebes, the largest number of them I've seen there (I did not look closely
to see if any were Clark's), at Columbia Point on Hayden Island. Photos
are at http://andyfrank.blogspot.com/

Also noteworthy were the arrival of COMMON GOLDENEYE at Broughton Beach,
CANVASBACK at Force Lake, and a EURASIAN WIGEON at Smith-Bybee. Bybee is
literally packed with ducks and I was fortunate that it was relatively
close to the blind; otherwise it would be easy to miss. Also by the Bybee
Lake blind was a calling RED-SHOULDERED HAWK.

Andy Frank