[obol] 11/18/15 - NE Oregon Birds

  • From: "avitours" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "avitours" for DMARC)
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 15:10:29 -0800

Birders -I have recently received requests for birding info from this corner of
the state.  Here is a little update from the NE region.  We had our first snow
of the winter yesterday.  Today was warmer and sunny.  I found two TRUMPETER
SWANS with Canada Geese this morning near Island City.  Not annually detected
here.  Lots of Eared and Western Grebes still moving through.  A few SURF
SCOTER have been reported from larger bodies of water.  Good amounts of Pine
Siskins and Evening Grosbeak being reported from feeders.  No reports of
Bohemian Waxwings, Snow Buntings, American Tree Sparrows, or Redpolls, yet. I
will keep you posted.Good birding,- Trent Bray La Grande, OR