[obol] Re: Grounded Swift

  • From: Jeff Gilligan <jeffgilligan10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fschrock@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 22:13:23 -0700

I think swifts do occasionally starve in Oregon during periods of especially
cold wet weather.  As I recall the first Oregon record of a Black Swift was one
found dead in Frenhglenn.  Many years after that,  several of us were birding
in Frenchglenn and a young kid who was living there said he knew where a dead
bird was.  We asked him to get it  to  show us, and much to my surprise it was
a Black Swift.     I assume that it had starved, but perhaps its demise was due
to another reason.        Jeff Gilligan