[obol] Re: Fw: Possible Bronzed Cowbird ? reconsideration

  • From: "Dennis Vroman" <dpvroman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jeffgilligan10@xxxxxxxxx>, <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 10:03:58 -0700

Interesting bird for sure.  Perhaps it's the photo, but the bird's bill looks
pretty stubby for a Red-wing or other long, sharply point billed Blackbird.
Bill shape fits Cowbird better.  Perhaps a Brown-headed with its color pattern
reversed.  Will have to dig out my Blackbird books and see what might fit.

Dennis