[obol] Re: Help with song

  • From: Larry McQueen <larmcqueen@xxxxxxx>
  • To: matthewghunter@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 10:20:36 -0700

Matt,

Field Sparrows sing with accelerating chips.  Rather than "dry", as in Chipping
Sparrow's song, each chip is more musical and usually down-slurred.  Given
that, the whole series of chips that constitute the song would be heard as on
the same pitch.  Explained differently, each down-slurred chip is on the same
pitch.  The song begins slowly and accelerates progressively to a blur at the
end.  There is no other song like this, that I can think of.

Larry