[obol] Re: Fields/Alvord Report

  • From: David Irons <llsdirons@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "jeffgilligan10@xxxxxxxxx" <jeffgilligan10@xxxxxxxxx>, OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 17:56:18 -0700

Bizarre that Denio has pro Duck and Beaver establishments.

Also odd that there have been so many Semi Sands over the past few weeks. I
think yours makes four. June shorebirding in the Great Basin can be
interesting. I once had both a Dunlin and a Baird's Sandpiper at Summer Lake on
June 6th. Neither was in full alternate plumage, much like the Semi I found at
Newport two weeks ago. I suspect that most of these types of sightings involve
first summer birds. What was the plumage like on your Semi?

Dave Irons

Sent from my iPhone