[obol] Re: Evening Grosbeaks

  • From: Linda Fink <linda@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOLINKS <OBOL@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 08:27:05 -0700

Msg: #10 in digest
From: "Karan Fairchild" <alderspr@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [obol] Re: Evening Grosbeaks
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2018 13:39:35 -0700
Lots of Evening Grosbeaks at our feeders now and at our neighbor's a mile away. They must breed nearby as the youngsters start appearing at her feeders every summer. We are near Grand Ronde Agency, SW Yamhill County, Coast Range foothills.

We also have raucous juvenile Ravens begging for food down by Agency Creek now.

Linda Fink

HI all-

This reminds me that when we did a BBS on July 24 in the northern coast range, beginning at Trask Summit (Tillamook County) and ending on Mt Hebo (Yamhill County), there were calling EVENING GROSBEAKS everywhere, practically at every stop! We saw a dad and youngster fly off the road on the backside of Mt Hebo.

Karan Fairchild