[obol] Evening Grosbeaks

  • From: Linda Fink <linda@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOLINKS <OBOL@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2018 09:25:08 -0700

Barb's friend in Grand Ronde lives a mile from me and has many Evening Grosbeaks at her many feeders every year. This year they arrived a few weeks later than usual but in the usual hordes. She is in an oak woodland bordered by pastures and wooded hills. The sound of the grosbeaks conversing in the oaks is very loud. She also at times has scores of Mourning Doves. We seem to get her left-over EVGR and MODO at our feeders. We are in lowland stream/brush/pasture/evergreen woodland and get Purple Finches, rarely House Finches, while she gets House Finches, rarely Purple Finches. We have many California Quail all year. She has none. Habitat, habitat, habitat.

Linda near Grand Ronde Agency, SW Yamhill County
--

POST: Send your post to obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
JOIN OR QUIT: //www.freelists.org/list/obol