[obol] Emperor Goose Scapoose

  • From: Grant Canterbury <grantandstacy17@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2015 21:26:41 -0800

I was able to see the previously reported Emperor Goose today, in the
fields on the east side of Honeyman Road about 1/4 mile south of the Ellis
Farm road.

This afternoon it was not associating with a Cackling Goose flock, but was
solitary, sedately picking its way through tall stands of reed canary
grass. Though usually visible and fairly close, it was not conspicuous.
John Bishop, Peter Feinberg, and his wife were already watching the bird in
the scope when I arrived, fortunately; otherwise I would have had an
excellent chance of overlooking it and driving past. A life bird for me,
and one that I have tried for unsuccessfully several times in previous
years. Nice to finally see this handsome fellow.

Grant Canterbury
<grantandstacy17@xxxxxxxxx>