[obol] Fenk Road Cattle Egret, Tillamook

  • From: "Jeff Harding" <jeffharding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2015 21:11:28 -0800

I was heading out of Tillamook on 3rd Street this morning on my way to The
Bayocean Peninsula to look for the Dickcissel, when I had to brake to miss a
Cattle Egret that flew across the road in front of my car. It landed in the
ditch on the south side of the road. I carefully pulled off the road (just
past Fenk Road), and after looking both ways, crossed the road to see if the
egret would stay for photos. While many of the Great Egrets left as I got
out of the car, the Cattle Egret just moved east in the ditch. Here is a
photo:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jeffharding/22828328319/in/datetaken-public/

The Dickcissel was cooperative this time on the Bayocean Peninsula. The
Northern Shrike showed up briefly at the end of the trail at the Tillamook
Bay Wetlands, where Russ Namitz found it yesterday. Skip Russell showed up
there, and we enjoyed watching a Northern Harrier steal a prey item from a
White-tailed Kite, much to the annoyance of the latter.

Northern Shrike:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jeffharding/23170187996/in/datetaken-public/

Good birding,

Jeff