[obol] East Clatsop County - 6/20/2014

  • From: Mike Patterson <celata@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, swalalahos <swalalahos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, NW Leps <NorWestLeps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 18:05:24 -0700

Michelle and I went east to Westport (the one in Clatsop Co.) in
search of orioles.  I may have heard one, but it wasn't a good
enough contact to count on the day list.  We did find a RED-BREASTED
SAPSUCKER nest, though.

We also took a walk at the Big Creek Fish Hatchery where we had a
pretty good butterfly day, which included a new spot for SILVER-
SPOTTED SKIPPERS.  We saw at least 3 chasing each other and any other
butterfly that happened by.  This spot is way more conveniently located
than the spot at Fish Hawk Crossing, so folks looking for photos might
want to check the place out.  Also at the hatchery were many WESTERN
TIGER and PALE SWALLOWTAILS.

Photos of today's trip are at:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/mbalame/archives/date-posted/2014/06/20/?view=md

--