[obol] Culver Raptor Route

  • From: Kevin Smith <kevinsmithnaturephotos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2016 10:13:11 -0800

We had planned to do our Culver Raptor Route today, but when the weather prognosticator said it might snow we moved it up a day. We had to scramble as it was almost 9AM when the decision was made. WOW! What a day! Absolutely beautiful! We really lucked out as the fog didn't show up until we had finished. Regrettably our 'ride-along' couldn't make the change so we will have to take him out some other time. Here is what we saw in just 30 miles:

69 Red-tail Hawks
12 American Kestrels
  5 Northern Harriers
  5 Bald Eagles
  1 Golden Eagle
12 Rough-legged Hawks
  1 Sharp-shinned Hawk
  1 Great Horned Owl
  2 Unidentified Buteos
3 Possible Ferruginous Hawks (photos have gone to the compiler for verification)
111 Total Birds in just 30 miles!
WOW!  What FUN!

Kevin & Kei Smith