[obol] Culver Raptor Route

  • From: Kevin Smith <kevinsmithnaturephotos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 17:19:31 -0700

Well, now--  Bright sunshine, sixteen degrees, no wind.  PERFECT!  BUT are the roads clear enough to traverse?  GO for it!  Culver Raptor Route here we come.  Our street is really rough but the rest of the roads leaving Crooked River Ranch and getting to Monroe were clear. Monroe, almost clear, but some roads haven't been plowed yet! Onward!  28* on the start 49* in Culver at Beetle Bailey's for lunch.  The warmest we have had for two weeks.  Feels NICE!

19 Red-tailed Hawks- One Harland's Hawk

  4 American Kestrels

  1 Bald Eagle- full adult

  1 Ferruginous Hawk-thanks to Courtney Jett.  Possibly two as a passer by photo'd another one a mile away at the same time.

  3 Prairie Falcons- Highest count ever on this route.

28 Total birds

NO Great Horned Owls! No Harriers nor Accips.

Kevin & Kei Smith