[obol] Re: Continuing Yellow-throated Warbler in Sherwood, Oregon (photos)

  • From: Nels Nelson <nelsnelson7@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: khanhbatran@xxxxxxxxxxx, OBOL <OBOL@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 19:49:11 -0800

https://www.flickr.com/photos/101538169@N05/

Here's a few photos I took of the Yellow-throated Warbler this
afternoon. Shortly after I arrived and met the gracious hostess that owns
the home and the feeders where the YT Warbler hangs out, Khanh Tran joined
me in the hunt. It was my pleasure to meet him for the first time. His
lovely photos have motivated me for a long time to seek out the high
altitude birds. Thanks Khanh for sharing your lovely photos with us.

It was also a pleasure to meet Scott Deckelmann and his father William
Deckelmann (who originally found the bird) and visit with them.

Nels Nelson
Hillsboro
This
email has been sent from a virus-free computer protected by Avast.
<#1514c2393e5f9d9e_1514c2171915c3de_DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 6:14 PM, Khanh Tran <khanhbatran@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Obolers:

The Yellow-throated continues to be seen on 11/27 and I last left it, at
around 3:45 PM. It seems to favor the suet feeder in the backyard of Kathy
McBride. The location is at the end of the cul-de-sac of Sword Fern near
the white fence/basketball hoop. Perhaps with time, it will feed on the
other suet feeders, placed outside of her yard.

Kathy is a very gracious host and accommodating of birders. I found out
she is an artist as well; very cool! The original finder of the bird, Scott
Dickelman, and his dad, Bill were also present. We had a fun time chatting
and got to watch the beautiful bird actively feed several times within the
two hour period. At times, the bird was sunning itself in the sun for
several minutes without moving and allowed fantastic looks!

Thank you, Kathy McBride, Scott and Bill Dickelman!

A few photos are posted here.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/23662496@N02/

Good birding and Happy Holidays,

Khanh Tran