[obol] Re: Continuing Yellow-throated Warbler in Sherwood, Oregon (photos)

  • From: W Scott <scott.deckelmann@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: khanhbatran@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 19:47:31 -0800

Thanks Khanh!

My dad and I had a great time chatting with so many kind birders today.
Kathy and Art were so kind to let us into their home as well as loiter
around their driveway for most of the day. It appears the bird was most
active in the first hours after sunrise and the last hours before sunset. I
hope this guy sticks around so others get to see it. Great day.

Here are a few photos and vids of this early evening:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97012189@N07/23064612770/in/dateposted-public/

On Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 6:14 PM, Khanh Tran <khanhbatran@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Obolers:

The Yellow-throated continues to be seen on 11/27 and I last left it, at
around 3:45 PM. It seems to favor the suet feeder in the backyard of Kathy
McBride. The location is at the end of the cul-de-sac of Sword Fern near
the white fence/basketball hoop. Perhaps with time, it will feed on the
other suet feeders, placed outside of her yard.

Kathy is a very gracious host and accommodating of birders. I found out
she is an artist as well; very cool! The original finder of the bird, Scott
Dickelman, and his dad, Bill were also present. We had a fun time chatting
and got to watch the beautiful bird actively feed several times within the
two hour period. At times, the bird was sunning itself in the sun for
several minutes without moving and allowed fantastic looks!

Thank you, Kathy McBride, Scott and Bill Dickelman!

A few photos are posted here.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/23662496@N02/

Good birding and Happy Holidays,

Khanh Tran