[obol] Continuing Yellow-throated Warbler in Sherwood, Oregon (photos)

  • From: Khanh Tran <khanhbatran@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2015 02:14:24 +0000

Hi Obolers:
The Yellow-throated continues to be seen on 11/27 and I last left it, at around
3:45 PM. It seems to favor the suet feeder in the backyard of Kathy McBride.
The location is at the end of the cul-de-sac of Sword Fern near the white
fence/basketball hoop. Perhaps with time, it will feed on the other suet
feeders, placed outside of her yard.
Kathy is a very gracious host and accommodating of birders. I found out she
is an artist as well; very cool! The original finder of the bird, Scott
Dickelman, and his dad, Bill were also present. We had a fun time chatting and
got to watch the beautiful bird actively feed several times within the two
hour period. At times, the bird was sunning itself in the sun for several
minutes without moving and allowed fantastic looks!
Thank you, Kathy McBride, Scott and Bill Dickelman!
A few photos are posted here.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/23662496@N02/
Good birding and Happy Holidays,
Khanh Tran www.ktbirding.com