[obol] Re: Columbia Estuary Report - 10/25/2015

  • From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Phil Pickering <philliplc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 19:39:31 -0700

I’m surprised at how many Herring Gulls are present already. I associate them
with winter bad weather, but in fact I don’t really know their fall occurrence
patterns very well.

Alan Contreras
acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx

On Oct 25, 2015, at 7:36 PM, Phil Pickering <philliplc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

plenty of pink-footed gulls down from Alaska

And Canada, assuming the large numbers of fall adult
Herring that come off the ocean in tight flocks mixed
almost exclusively with large pale adult California
Gulls are Canadian nesters staging with the Cals.
A mixed flock of over 1000 was hanging out in Siletz
Bay today.

Phil