[obol] Cell phones and Malheur

  • From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rabican1@xxxxxxxxx>, OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 11:34:49 -0700

Bob, I use ATT on an iPhone5 and my coverage at Malheur is quite patchy.

It is good at:

HQ, especially on the SE side and the hilltop
Wrights Point
Between Benson Pond and Frenchglen along 205

It is not great but usually functional at:

between HQ and the Field Station turnoff
hilltop above the narrows
Fields oasis and parking lot, and north to the Catlow junction

It is dead at:

Narrows (but there is public WIFI)
Field Station (but WIFI available for guests)
northern 2/3 of CPR
205 between Narrows hilltop and Benson turnoff
Fields cafe and south of buildings (blockage issues, I guess)
Catlow Valley

--
Alan Contreras
Eugene, Oregon

acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx

I blog at:  oregonreview.blogspot.com

From:  Bob Archer <rabican1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date:  Wed, 15 May 2013 11:22:36 -0700
To:  OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:  [obol] Cell phones and Malheur

Hi:

I use ATT and have coverage in many areas around SE Oreogn, including way up
Cottonwood Creek, how is the coverage with Verizon now-a-days with a
smartphone?  Their coverage map looks impressive.  Thinking of switching,
trying to get cable, internet and cell phones at better price :), also maybe
getting a smartphone, shocking..

Yellow Warblers are everywhere at the Sandy..to keep this about birding...

Bob Archer