[obol] CG Dove +

  • From: BILL ROSIE <watice@xxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 01:32:57 +0000

Hi All,
I headed for Yachats with Chuck Philo today, getting there around noon or so.
We looked at the original residence where found where there was a Palm Warbler.
Nothing on the school grounds either. There were 5 birders looking - Jammie
Simmons, and a young birder he brought (can't remember his name) and Alex ? I
ended up off by myself, running into Paul Sullivan and David Smith scoping the
ocean, but it appeared too calm for any shearwaters. Paul suggested I walk up
4th street to look for the sparrow and dove. WHen I got to the playground,
both the CG Dove and CC Sparrow were on the shoulder of the road, in the same
field of view. I found the others and all got good looks at both. Chuck and
I and later Alex did a seawatch for maybe a half hour in which time I saw one
BV Shearwater among the few sooties and pink-footeds which were stirring. We
also saw a few Elegant Terns and Bonaparte's Gull among the scads of other
birds. We looked for Mt Chickadees both in Yachats and Yaquina Lighthouse area
but came up empty. Twas a nice day at the coast.

Bill Tice: Birding - The best excuse for getting outdoors, and avoiding chores.