[obol] Re: Field Guide Recommendations and nocturnal studies

  • From: Joel Geier <joel.geier@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oregon Birders OnLine <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 20:04:38 -0700

I'll go one up on this idea of taking the bird book to bed:

Alan's last point is a good one. Years ago, I got into the habit
of looking through field guides at night before bedtime.

I regularly dream about birds that I plan to see. I think Chris Adlam
touched on this subject a year or two ago, which gave me some comfort in
knowing that I'm not the only one who does this. Wish I could remember
the names of some of Chris's unique species.

However my dreams of new bird species have been about as useful for
in-the-field identification, as the recent dream I had (where I was
trying to take a German class in a Swedish university, taught by a
Swedish professor who insisted on mumbling in German, in between his
clarifications in Swedish) was for refreshing my memory on German
grammar.

Happy bedtime dreaming of new birds,
Joel

--