[obol] Re: Boiler Bay

  • From: "David Heath" <drheath82@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'OBOL OnLine'" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2015 23:12:38 -0800

Hah! I was on that trip. Very memorable, the only time I’ve actually seen
people who could be described as looking green. Never been afflicted with
motion sickness myself, so I don’t think I went into the cabin except to use
the head. As I recall, the captain was reported to have said that birders were
the toughest people he’d ever seen.

On the way home, I stopped for gas, and overheard a conversation between locals
in which a local fisherman said he hadn’t gone out that day because it was too
“bouncy.”

David

Even the folks who were still green around the gills dragged themselves out of
the cabin and got to see close-up views of an Ancient Murrelet. I sure hope
that compensated for the rest of the "pelagic experience"!!!