[obol] Benton County birding

  • From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 04 May 2013 19:58:42 -0700

I birded Finley NWR and the Philomath Sewage Ponds with Tristen Hynes,
Hendrik Herlyn and Oscar Harper today.  Highlights were two WILSON's
Phalaropes at the sewage ponds (lots of birds on the ponds (mostly the NW
pond), including several duck species, Eared Grebes, Least and at least one
Western Sandpiper).

Tristen got excellent looks and photos of a Virginia Rail at the small marsh
at the west end of Bruce Rd. Several Horned Larks near there.

Maybe 40 WF GEESE along Finley Rd.  A few peeps there; everything we saw
well was Least but other observers found a few others.

McFadden had small numbers of LB DOW and G YELLOWlegs.

Red-shouldered Hawk at a small park in w Corvallis of which Hendrik will no
doubt post the name, I having forgotten it twice now.

Hendrik can add more later.

--
Alan Contreras
Eugene, Oregon